Below is some technical information that we've put together. We will add more resources as they become available. If there's a specific question you have, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2011 Triad SL Head Set Installation
(Instructions in PDF format)
- Install the crown race on the fork.
- Install the crown race bearing.
- Install the fork steerer tube into the head tube of the frame.
- Install upper bearing and centering ring.
- Install shim on fork steerer tube.
- Install carbon spacers
- Install aerobar
- Install Stem bolt
- Cut the alloy shim on the carbon steerer tube 5mm taller than the top of the carbon stem.
Cut the carbon steerer tube 3mm shorter than the alloy shim. Insert compression device.
- Tighten expander plug to 5N/m. Tighten compression top cap to 5N/m.
The compression of the head set is due to the load placed on the steerer tube shim by the top cap of the compression device. Tighten stem steerer tube bolts to 5N/m. Tighten stem bolt to 6N/m. The stem is held onto the steerer tube by the two stem bolts on the steerer tube and the one stem bolt that goes thru the spacers into the fork fairing.